Saturday 23 July 2011

The Onward Journey




Last week I sold this pretty Poppies Bag Charm, and I received a warm email back from the lady that bought it from me to tell me about the interesting journey it will soon make! (I was intrigued for sure).
Her son if off to the World Scout Jamboree (once every four years and this time in Sweden) and staying in Holland on the way back with a local family. She wanted to send him with gifts for the family he is staying with in Holland that represented our area and our interests. She loved my work and the beautiful flowers reminded me of the poppies we get in the local fields, and indeed our own garden as we scattered some poppy seeds in the garden when our dog died last year. Perfect!
It’s emails like these that really touch me, and make me proud that my little piece of art can mean so much to someone else!

But as if that wasn’t enough, the proceeds from the sale also went to the Royal British Legion. It’s a charity close to my heart, they do so much work for people behind the scenes and they don’t always receive the recognition they deserve!






No comments:

Post a Comment